Top 8 Homegrown Franchise Businesses in the Philippines
Franchising in the Philippines means you will be exposed to a wide variety of business options, from foreign brands to Filipino-owned companies. If you want to know more about the latter, read on.
In the Philippines’ fast-food industry, Jollibee holds the top spot. It was founded by a Filipino named Tony Tan. It started out as an ice cream parlor and is now a full-blown fast-food chain serving delectable chicken meals, burgers, and more. Jollibee now has more than 700 stores in the country and around 500 branches in other parts of the world. Don’t have one in your area? Why don’t you open a Jollibee franchise?
Hen Lin is a widely recognizable Chinese restaurant franchise in the Philippines. Contrary to what many believe, this business did not originate in China. The first Hen Lin was opened in Paranaque, Philippines by a couple who love siomai or dumplings. If you want a restaurant business that’s already a hit for the masses, Hen Lin is a good choice.
Inasal or barbecued meat is super popular among Filipinos. Not a month goes by that your typical Filipino doesn’t eat barbecue. And they often dine at Mang Inasal because this brand’s barbecue flavor is hard to beat. This makes this franchise another great choice for you to consider.
Other Filipino Franchises
For more options, look into the following brands:
- Goldilocks - a homegrown bakeshop business that has gone global.
- Potato Corner - proof that the Philippine people love fries, too.
- Max’s Restaurant - when Filipinos are not eating barbecue, they eat fried chicken. Apart from Jollibee, they frequent Max’s Restaurant as well.
- Yello Cab Pizza - serves pizzas with New York’s flair but it is undoubtedly Filipino owned.
- Bench - if you’re looking for a local clothing franchise, this is the brand to check.
With over 1000 franchise businesses in the country, why not choose a brand that’s made in the Philippines?